Kevan Hansel, MD
- Prevention expert with a passion for nutrition and fitness.
- Joined LaMond Family Medicine in October of 2011.
- Attended medical school at Marshall University in Huntington, WV.
- Active member of AAFP – American Academy of Family Physicians and the NC Academy of Family Physicians.
- Watch for him flying down the trails on his mountain bike.
- Kevan is currently accepting new New Patients.
Brady Bullock, PA-C
- Graduate of the University of Virginia, Charlottesville in 2003
- Masters from James Madison University
- Previously worked for Mission Occupational
- Medicine in Asheville, NC, and Harrisonburg Community Health Center in Harrisonburg, VA, treating patients of all ages
- Moved to Asheville, NC in 2012 with his wife Annara and their four kids
- Hopes to build relationships with his patients and help them reach their health goals.
Vanessa Mugica is a Board Certified Family Nurse Practitioner. She has over 14 years of experience in a multitude of settings and roles within the nursing profession. It has been her passion to practice family medicine since the beginning of her academic career. She has worked in multiple medical Specialties to obtain experience treating patients within all ages of the lifespan including; NICU, pediatrics, critical care, emergency medicine/ urgent care, wound care, geriatrics, surgery, family practice and internal medicine. Vanessa is a certified perioperative NP who has spent eight years providing excellent surgical care and has assisted in all surgical specialties in the operating room making her procedural skills exceptional.
She Is passionate about providing excellent quality, culturally congruent evidence-based care to all members of our community. Vanessa has a special interest in preventative medicine and women’s health and is elated to be a part of the team.
Dr. Madison Bightwell
Dr. Madison Brightwell, PsyD has been working in the field of mental health for over a decade. She recently moved to Asheville from California, where she holds a license in Marriage and Family Therapy. Madison specializes in helping people with issues such as weight management, chronic pain, anxiety and depression, as well as addictions and trauma.
Madison feels it is important to treat every client as a unique and special individual who can be empowered to find their own inner guidance and healing ability. It is her belief that addictions, pain and trauma are closely linked and it is her mission to break the cycle of despair that keeps people trapped in pain, whether it is emotional or physical. Madison has a behavioral approach to counseling, and she believes in working to help the client by looking at where they are right now and enabling them to move forward in a more positive direction with their lives.